Posted to general@xml.apache.org by ve...@suplicity.com on 2001/05/30 14:39:46 UTC

RE: VB and SOAP

Does xml file contained DTD ?.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ricky Cardozo [mailto:RickySOAP@hotmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 30, 2001 4:17 PM
To: general@xml.apache.org
Subject: VB and SOAP

Somebody knows where Do I have to put the .WSDL file in my tomcat?
I am trying to run an smal app using VB to get some data from a TOMCAT
server using SOAP 2.1. I have specificied Const WSDL_URL =
"http://localhost:8080/soap/StringService.wsdl" but when triying to run it i
got the following error message :

***
WSDLReader: Loading of the WSDL File failed HRESULT=0x80070057 - WSDLReader:
XML Parser Failed at linenumber 0, lineposition 0, reason is : The system
cannot locate the object specified. HRESULT=0x1
***

I have been trying to reach the StringService.wsdl file by typing the url
above described but allways I am getting a message of "Page Not Found"

But when specifying something like
"\soap-2_2\samples\VBTest\StringService.wsdl" there is not problem at all,
so, I guess the problem is WHERE I am putting the wsdl file.

1. What Do I have to do with TOMCAT in order to put a file and access it
using a url as above described?
2. Do I have to change something in the SOAP setup?

I thank you in advance for your time and interest in answering my questions,

Best regards

Cyber

Re: VB and SOAP; Failure when trying to read the WSDL File

Posted by Ricky Cardozo <Ri...@hotmail.com>.
No.
The .WSDL file I am using does not have any reference to an .DTD file. As
far as know to have a .DTD reference in a .WSDL file is not required.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Cyber