Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Cox, Brian (GE Infra, Energy)" <br...@ge.com> on 2006/11/01 20:16:43 UTC

Axis2 Codegen Problem?

I seem to be having problems generating the source code for the attached rpc wsdl.  I believe the wsdl to be correct, however, I wouldn't rule it out.  The wsdl is a modified version of the standard BookQuote wsdl.  I added an additional fault and changed the return data types from xsd:anyType to xsd:string.  When I generate I receive the exception below[1]:

I have found through testing that if I change the two fault data types back to anyType the code will generate, however, only one fault is generated and it always seems to be the InvalidIsbnFault regardless of the location in the wsdl which I am unsure why.

Therefore, I see two problems:

*	The use of xsd:string as a return type (same results for xsd:int and I am sure others).
*	Source code is only generated for one fault.

I am using the Version 1.1 nightly build from October 29.

I am curious if anyone else has encountered similar problems with rpc code generation.

Thanks for the help.

Brian

 <<BookQuoteModified.wsdl>>

[1] - Codegen Output

C:\1test>wsdl2java -uri BookQuoteModified.wsdl -d xmlbeans -o client -p com.ems.client
Using AXIS2_HOME:   "C:\axis2-1.1"
Using JAVA_HOME:    "C:\Progra~1\Java\jdk1.5.0_06"
Exception in thread "main" org.apache.axis2.wsdl.codegen.CodeGenerationException: org.apache.axis2.wsdl.codegen.CodeGenerationException: org.apache.axis2.wsdl.databinding.UnmatchedTypeException: No type was mapped to the name string with namespace http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema
        at org.apache.axis2.wsdl.codegen.CodeGenerationEngine.generate(CodeGenerationEngine.java:224)
        at org.apache.axis2.wsdl.WSDL2Code.main(WSDL2Code.java:32)
        at org.apache.axis2.wsdl.WSDL2Java.main(WSDL2Java.java:21)
Caused by: org.apache.axis2.wsdl.codegen.CodeGenerationException: org.apache.axis2.wsdl.databinding.UnmatchedTypeException: No type was mapped to the name string with namespace http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema
        at org.apache.axis2.wsdl.codegen.emitter.AxisServiceBasedMultiLanguageEmitter.emitStub(AxisServiceBasedMultiLanguageEmitter.java:299)
        at org.apache.axis2.wsdl.codegen.CodeGenerationEngine.generate(CodeGenerationEngine.java:213)
        ... 2 more

Re: Axis2 Codegen Problem?

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
I fixed the BookQuote2.wsdl . Looks like ADB binding works fine.
XMLBeans databinding is broken. Could you please log a JIRA bug?

thanks,
dims

RE: Axis2 Codegen Problem?

Posted by "Cox, Brian (GE Infra, Energy)" <br...@ge.com>.

Re: Axis2 Codegen Problem?

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
Brian,

Re: Axis2 Codegen Problem?

Posted by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@opensource.lk>.
Hi .. your WSDL has a bug in it: the fault messages cannot have parts
declared using "type=" - there must be only one part which is an
element.

Sanjiva.