Posted to mime4j-dev@james.apache.org by Tony Zakula <to...@gmail.com> on 2011/01/12 22:09:20 UTC

Invalid headers in parsing

Hi,

I recently built a utility around Mime4J to parse mail server bounce
messages.  I ran about 35,000 message through it recently.  Mime4j
only really threw an exception on about sixty, and the error was for
an invalid header.  It seems Lycos was the main culprit.  Does this
list have any interest in a sample of those messages?  Just want to
give feedback if it is helpful.  Didn't want to automatically just
file a bug.  Thanks.

Tony Z

Re: Invalid headers in parsing

Posted by Tony Zakula <to...@gmail.com>.
Sure, I just filed it.  Thanks!

Tony Z

Posted by Norman Maurer <no...@apache.org>.

Posted by Tony Zakula <to...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.

Posted by Tony Zakula <to...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.
2011/1/12 Tony Zakula <to...@gmail.com>:
> Hi,
>
> I recently built a utility around Mime4J to parse mail server bounce
> messages.  I ran about 35,000 message through it recently.  Mime4j
> only really threw an exception on about sixty, and the error was for
> an invalid header.  It seems Lycos was the main culprit.  Does this
> list have any interest in a sample of those messages?  Just want to
> give feedback if it is helpful.  Didn't want to automatically just
> file a bug.  Thanks.

We're all ears....

Stefano