Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Shay Ginsbourg <sg...@gmail.com> on 2012/11/19 15:22:39 UTC

Server response: "browser does not support JavaScript"

Hi,

While running a Jmeter script, we receive a response from the server
that the "browser does not support JavaScript".

At this point, our test fails because the script can't continue.

What is the recommended way of working around such an undesired server
response ?

Please advise.

regards,
Shay

www.ginsbourg.com

Re: Server response: "browser does not support JavaScript"

Posted by Shmuel Krakower <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

If you can control the behavior of the application, let it run instead of
showing this message.

If you cannot change the application, go around this.
Usually it doesn't mean anything as if you look in the response body (in
View Results Tree listener), you should find the rest of the page.
It is usually just the visible part of the page which renders into that
error message, you can continue with the rest of the script without any
problem.

Third option is that the server filter the user agent header for a list of
known browsers and responds accordingly.
If this is your case, and the response body really contains only this error
message - just add a user agent header to your sampler.

Best,

Shmuel Krakower.
Beatsoo.org - re-use your jmeter scripts for application performance

Posted by "HUSSEY, SCOTT T" <sh...@att.com>.

Sounds like this may be due to User-Agent parsing, but without knowing how the server came to this conclusion it is hard to know how to approach it.

> At this point, our test fails because the script can't continue.
>
> What is the recommended way of working around such an undesired server
> response ?

Assuming the User-Agent is the issue, use a HTTP Header Manager to add a custom User-Agent to all requests.

Re: Server response: "browser does not support JavaScript"

Posted by Shay Ginsbourg <sg...@gmail.com>.
Thank you guys for your good suggestions.

On Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 4:45 PM, Adrian Speteanu <as...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> see bellow...
>
> On Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 4:22 PM, Shay Ginsbourg <sginsbourg@gmail.com
> >wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > While running a Jmeter script, we receive a response from the server
> > that the "browser does not support JavaScript".
> >
> > At this point, our test fails because the script can't continue.
> >
> > What is the recommended way of working around such an undesired server
> > response ?
> >

> Well, black-boxed - I would assume that someone expects something from a
> script that isn't running to make this assumption. So, I would review the
> test and the web-page in firebug and see what was added since the script
> was first created. Also, I wouldn't assume from start that this requires
> javascript in jmeter, since is probably something that comes in
> body/headers as false (or is inexistent) and is returned as it equals true
> in headers/body, anything extremely simplistic.
>
> Btw, some sites had this in the basic HTML -> if you were missing flash
> player or blocked javascript with addons / browser settings - they had a
> default text or picture saying you need to enable whatever was needed for
> their site. If the site was slow enough you could see those - even if it
> did eventually load ok. In jmeter, of course, you only got that in the
> HTML. Just something I wanted to throw in there, not sure if it is the
> case.
>

> > Please advise.
> >
> > regards,
> > Shay
> >

> > www.ginsbourg.com

Shay Ginsbourg

Regulatory & Testing Affairs Consultant

WWW.GINSBOURG.COM

Providing Regulatory, Medical & Performance Testing services since 2008:

* IEC 62304 Medical Device Software Life Cycle

* IEEE 829 Software Test Documentation

* ISO 14971 Medical Device Risk Management

* FDA 21 CFR Part 11 Software Validation

* IEC 60601-1:2005 3rd ED PEMS - Medical Electrical Equipment

* End-to-end verification, validation, and testing (VV&T)

* FDA and CE submissions

* Open source free testing tools implementation

* Functionality and regression testing

* Software Performance & Load testing

* Software Testing Advanced Automation

* Medical Software Verification & Validation

* Medical Device Verification & Validation

* Medical Device Regulatory Submission

* Organizational Regulatory Qualification

Formerly QA Manager of LoadRunner at Mercury Interactive

M.Sc. cum laude in Bio-Medical Engineering

M.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering

Work:   +972(0)3-5185873

Mobile:  +972(0)54-6690915

Email: sginsbourg@gmail.com

Visit my personal page on LinkedIn at:
http://www.linkedin.com/in/shayginsbourg

e-mail.

Re: Server response: "browser does not support JavaScript"

Posted by Adrian Speteanu <as...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

see bellow...