Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by sammykanan <sa...@yahoo.com> on 2010/07/07 23:23:31 UTC

Protocol version negociation not working in C++ 0.6

Hi there,

I'm trying to get the 0.6 C++ client app to negociate with a Java broker
where I have excluded version 0-10 (for reasons I won't try and explain).

When it connects I get the error:

2010-07-07 22:13:48 error IO worker thread exiting with unhandled exception:
Unsupported version: 9-1 supported version 0-10
(qpid/client/TCPConnector.cpp:278)

I thought that this version of the client was supposed to be able to
negociate a suitable version, or?

Am I doing something wrong?

Ta,

Sam.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Re: Protocol version negociation not working in C++ 0.6

Posted by sammykanan <sa...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks Carl, I could have sworn I looked at that earlier and it was there,
but it is certainly not.

Posted by Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com>.
On 07/07/2010 05:23 PM, sammykanan wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I'm trying to get the 0.6 C++ client app to negociate with a Java broker
> where I have excluded version 0-10 (for reasons I won't try and explain).
>
> When it connects I get the error:
>
> 2010-07-07 22:13:48 error IO worker thread exiting with unhandled exception:
> Unsupported version: 9-1 supported version 0-10
> (qpid/client/TCPConnector.cpp:278)
>
> I thought that this version of the client was supposed to be able to
> negociate a suitable version, or?
>
> Am I doing something wrong?
>
> Ta,
>
> Sam.

C++ client does not back support 0-9. That would be the it.

Python and Java for example have both 0-9 and 0-10.

version martix is located here.

http://qpid.apache.org/download.cgi

Carl.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org