Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Andrew Geery <an...@gmail.com> on 2012/12/01 00:43:49 UTC

Re: WicketRuntimeException: Attempted to set property value on a null object

The problem with doing that is that Hibernate detects that as a change
(a null object is not the same as an empty object) and does a database
update (see some of the comments on this:
https://issues.jboss.org/browse/HIBERNATE-50).

Andrew

Posted by Sven Meier <sv...@meiers.net>.
Ah, silly Hibernate ;).

AFAICS sooner or later a Wicket component will have to write a value
into the embedded address, so obviously it has to be there.
You can of course build a specialized model doing some magic here, but
at the moment I don't know how that might look like.

Sven