Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by J J Wilkerson <wi...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2016/01/25 22:44:19 UTC

A problem with Open Office 4.0.1

 Hello,
I have been using Open Office since about 12/13, and have been very pleased with it. Today I started to edit a spread sheet document, and after saving an extensive edit, I could not open it again. For some reason it is now saved as an Excel document, and Open Office will not open it.
I thought that I might resolve this by updating the software, and tried to update the program with open office 4.1.2, but am not being successful. When I get to the installation I get a message that says, "Please exit OpenOffice 4.1.2 and the OpenOffice 4.1.2 Quickstarter before you continue...."
As far as I know, I am not using Quickstarter, and I really don't know what to do to open the spreadsheet I was working on or to update the OpenOffice from 4.0.1 to 4.1.2.
I hope you can help me get going again.
Thanks,
Jim Wilkerson