Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Ethan Collins <co...@gmail.com> on 2010/07/14 09:15:44 UTC

Re: ShingleFilter failing with more terms than index phrase

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your kind response. I checked PositionfilterFactory
(re-index as well) but that also didn't solve the problem. Interesting
the problem is not reproduceable from Solr's Field Analysis page, it
manifests only when it's in a query.

I guess the subject for this post is not very correct, it's not that
ShingleFilter is failing but -- using ShingleFilter, there is no score
provided by the shingle field when I pass more terms than the indexed
terms. I observe this using debugQuery.

I had actually posted to solr-user but received no response yet.
Probably because the problem is not clear at first glance. However,
there's an example I have put in the mail for someone interested to
try out and check if there's a problem. Let's see if I receive any
response.

-Ethan

Posted by Ethan Collins <co...@gmail.com>.
> Trying to analyze PositionFilter: didn't understand why earlier the
> search of 'Nina Simone I Put' failed since atleast the phrase 'Nina
> Simone' should have matched against title_0 field. Any clue?

Please note that I have configure the ShingleFilter as bigrams without unigrams.

[Honestly, I am still struggling to understand how this worked and the
earlier one didn't]

-Ethan

Re: ShingleFilter failing with more terms than index phrase

Posted by Ethan Collins <co...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ethan Collins <co...@gmail.com>.
Hi Steve,

Thanks, wrapping with PositionFilter actually worked the search and
score -- I made a mistake while re-indexing last time.

Trying to analyze PositionFilter: didn't understand why earlier the
search of 'Nina Simone I Put' failed since atleast the phrase 'Nina
Simone' should have matched against title_0 field. Any clue?

I am also trying to understand the impact of PositionFilter on phrase
search quality and score. Unfortunately there are not enough
literature/help put up by google.

-Ethan

Re: ShingleFilter failing with more terms than index phrase