Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Gary Olacsi <Ga...@portblue.com> on 2008/03/17 20:28:43 UTC

using CSV for all the Samplers in a single Loop Controller

Hi,

I know each thread uses a different line in the file the CSV Data Set
Config reads and this works well for things like logging in with
separate user credentials for each user thread. But I need to do
something different and would like to use the CSV Data Set Config
element to feed values into form fields on a webpage. So I would need to
be able to use CSV Data Set Config element for Samplers (e.g., a HTTP
Request - Post) in a single Loop Controller. The loop controller would
be used to simulate the user opening the same form and filling it out
over and over again entering different data each time. Please let me
know if this is possible now.

Thank you!

Gary

Re: using CSV for all the Samplers in a single Loop Controller

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 17/03/2008, Gary Olacsi <Ga...@portblue.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>

>  I know each thread uses a different line in the file the CSV Data Set
>  Config reads and this works well for things like logging in with
>  separate user credentials for each user thread. But I need to do
>  something different and would like to use the CSV Data Set Config
>  element to feed values into form fields on a webpage. So I would need to
>  be able to use CSV Data Set Config element for Samplers (e.g., a HTTP
>  Request - Post) in a single Loop Controller. The loop controller would
>  be used to simulate the user opening the same form and filling it out
>  over and over again entering different data each time. Please let me
>  know if this is possible now.

Why not try it?

Or you could use the __StringFromFile() function in conjunction with
__split() for this.