Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Rodrigo Ru’iz <rr...@gridsystems.com> on 2008/02/28 15:46:28 UTC

RFC in wiki entry

Hi all,

I have recently added a new entry to the Axis Wiki:

http://wiki.apache.org/ws/FrontPage/Axis/AxisClientConfiguration/InterruptCalls

I was asked to solve a problem with a thread not responding to a
Thread.interrupt() call some time ago. To my surprise, I found out that
it was the "expected" behaviour from the JVM, and that there was no
obvious workaround for it.

Well, I managed to fix the problem, and decided to share my findings
with everybody. The Wiki entry describes a strategy for interrupting a
thread blocked in an Axis 1.4 remote call.

I would like to invite everybody to take a look at the "article", and
give me feedback. Any comments, suggestions, corrections or criticisms
will be more than welcome.

Thanks in advance,
Rodrigo

GRID SYSTEMS, S.A.             Rodrigo Ruiz
Parc Bit - Edificio 17         Research Coordinator
07121 Palma de Mallorca
Baleares - Spain               Tel: +34 971 435 085
http://www.gridsystems.com/    Fax: +34 971 435 082