Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com> on 2009/07/08 11:37:00 UTC

Re: Jackrabbit 1.6 release plan

Hi,

On Mon, Jun 29, 2009 at 12:36 PM, Martijn Hendriks<ma...@gx.nl> wrote:
> Is it possible to include JCR-2129, JCR-2138 and JCR-2168 in jackrabbit 1.6.0?

Yes, I merged them all to the 1.x branch yesterday.

I'm now planning to move forward with the 1.6.0 release, even if the
backup/migration feature isn't fully complete yet. We can add the
missing pieces later in the 1.6.x cycle.

Let me know if there's anything missing from the 1.x branch that you'd
like included in the 1.6.0 release.

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Re: Jackrabbit 1.6 release plan

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On Wed, Jul 8, 2009 at 2:39 PM, Sébastien
Launay<se...@anyware-tech.com> wrote:
> I created an issue about a deadlock a few weeks ago.
> I was unable to create a Jackrabbit test case but my business test
> case always reproduces the deadlock. But, i posted the java stack
> trace [1]  in order to help finding the race condition.

Thanks for the pointer. I gave the issue a quick look and I think I
know what's happening. Can you try out the patch I attached in
JCR-2171? It should apply cleanly also to the 1.x or 1.5 branches.

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Re: Jackrabbit 1.6 release plan

Posted by Sébastien Launay <se...@anyware-tech.com>.
Hi Jukka,

I created an issue about a deadlock a few weeks ago.
I was unable to create a Jackrabbit test case but my business test
case always reproduces the deadlock. But, i posted the java stack
trace [1]  in order to help finding the race condition.

I know this issue is not fixed yet, but i thought there is better
chances to see it merged into 1.6 branch if it implies important
changes than into 1.5 branch.

I try again to create a test case but i do not have enough
understanding of Jackrabbit lock management, especially in
SharedItemStateManager component.

--
Sébastien Launay

RE: Jackrabbit 1.6 release plan

Posted by Martijn Hendriks <ma...@gx.nl>.
Great, thanks!

Martijn

Van: Jukka Zitting [jukka.zitting@gmail.com]

Posted by Marcel Reutegger <ma...@gmx.net>.
On Wed, Jul 8, 2009 at 11:37, Jukka Zitting<ju...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Let me know if there's anything missing from the 1.x branch that you'd
> like included in the 1.6.0 release.

FYI, I've merged the changes for JCR-2222 into the 1.x branch.

regards
 marcel