Posted to dev@orc.apache.org by Xiening Dai <xn...@live.com> on 2018/02/01 04:27:31 UTC

RLEv1 versus RLEv2

Hi,

I am evaluating if we should work as a high priority to add RLEv2 support in Orc C++ writer. I wonder if anyone has any performance data to share regarding RLEv2. I believe some related tests and evaluation must have been done when RLEv2 was introduced. Would appreciate if someone can share a pointer.

Thanks.

Re: RLEv1 versus RLEv2

Posted by Xiening Dai <xn...@live.com>.
Thanks. We might start by a straight port from Java to C++ and do some benchmarking. I will report back if I have more to share.

Re: RLEv1 versus RLEv2

Posted by Prasanth Jayachandran <j....@gmail.com>.
Hi