Posted to dev@openmeetings.apache.org by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com> on 2013/04/03 02:11:35 UTC

Structure of binaries and sources in dist folder

Hi Maxim,

could you plz check if our binaries and sources are correctly organized?
I am currently not sure, the other projects seem to have the structure:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/rave/binaries/
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/rave/sources/

while we do create a binary and source folder for each version.

I know this might be picky but its our first release and it is likely that
the conventions we make now will stay like that forever.

So are we going to create a separate folder for each release?
So https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/openmeetings/2.1/bin
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/openmeetings/2.2/bin
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/openmeetings/2.3/bin
Is that in line with the ASF docs ?

The other projects seem to cut the 0 in the name of the release. We have it
now with the folder name 2.1 and the package itself is called 2.1.0. Please
decide for either one :)
Either you call the folder (if there is one for each release) 2.1.0 and the
package 2.1.0 or call the folder 2.1 and the package has the name 2.1 :)

Thanks,
Sebastian

--
Sebastian Wagner
https://twitter.com/#!/dead_lock

Re: Structure of binaries and sources in dist folder

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
done

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: Structure of binaries and sources in dist folder

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: Structure of binaries and sources in dist folder

Posted by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com>.
yes,

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
Here is the example:

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: Structure of binaries and sources in dist folder

 - write a nice blog post at blogs.apache.org

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
Hello Sebastian,

--