Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Jaroslav Tulach <ja...@gmail.com> on 2019/01/26 12:54:38 UTC

Package NetBeans as Mac OS X application

Hello guys,
I've just reconfigured NetBeans to present itself as a Mac OS X
Application. I followed stackoverflow advice
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/281372/executing-shell-scripts-from-the-os-x-dock/281389#281389

If you don't need a Terminal window, you can make any executable file an
Application just by moving example.sh to
example.sh.app/Contents/MacOS/example.sh. You can place the Application in
your dock like any other, and execute it with a click.

E.g. after unzipping, I renamed

$ mv netbeans netbeans.app

and created the necessary subdirectory:

$ mkdir -p netbeans.app/Contents/MacOS/

and then created a symlink:

$ cd netbeans.app/Contents/MacOS/
$ ln -s ../../bin/netbeans .

That's all and now my computer recognizes Apache NetBeans 10 as an
application...

-jt