Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "M. Tinnemeyer" <ma...@gmx.net> on 2009/05/18 11:53:58 UTC

Wildcards and dot in Action name attribute

Hello listmembers,

I got two questions concerning struts.xml

First: I'd like to name an Action like :

1st try:     <action name="*_*.html" ... returns HTTP 404 -
description The requested resource (/app/package/foo_bar.html) is not
available.
2nd try:   <action name="*_*\.html" ... returns same as above

Is there a way to accomplish this ?

The second question concerns two wildcard pattern in a package.

a. <action name="*_*" ...
b. <action name="*" ...

The documentation states, that the order matters so I tried both
variants.

a, b :  a also matches "foo", so b is never executed
b, a :  vice versa

It seems that struts doesn't check the request against the whole
pattern. At least "*_*" seems to be behave like "*".
Is there any known solutions on this ?

struts version is 2.1.6

kind regards
Marc Tinnemeyer