Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by sebb <se...@gmail.com> on 2010/03/13 14:14:03 UTC

Re: svn commit: r922487 - in /commons/sandbox/convert/trunk: .classpath build.xml

On 13/03/2010, adrianc@apache.org <ad...@apache.org> wrote:
> Author: adrianc
>  Date: Sat Mar 13 06:36:08 2010
>  New Revision: 922487

>  Log:
>  Updated JUnit lib. Project builds now.
>
>  Modified:
>     commons/sandbox/convert/trunk/.classpath

Unfortunately, Eclipse classpath files are not portable - for example,
my default JVM may be different from yours, so our classpath entries
may be different.

Likewise for .project files (not everyone uses the same natures)

So it's better not to include them in SVN.

If you want to provide starter files for Eclipse users, you can always
create files called

eclipse.classpath
eclipse.project

S///