Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Dominik Margraf <do...@gmail.com> on 2006/05/25 02:39:25 UTC

reverting a committed revision

When one want to revert changes BEFORE commit, he can invoke
       svn revert *

However after committing changes, how can one revert the changes of a
particular revision cleanly (i.e. copying the revision immediately before
the revision concerned as the most recent revision)?

Dominik

Re: reverting a committed revision

Posted by David Everly <de...@gmail.com>.
Lets say you have commits 1, 2, 3, and 4.

Now you decide you want to remove commit 3:

   svn co foo
   cd foo
   svn merge -r3 -r2

Verify the results and commit when ready.

--
Encrypted Mail Preferred:
    Key ID:  8527B9AF

ASCII ribbon campaign:
()  against HTML email
/\  against Microsoft attachments
    Information:  http://www.expita.com/nomime.html

Re: reverting a committed revision

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.
On May 25, 2006, at 04:39, Dominik Margraf wrote:

> When one want to revert changes BEFORE commit, he can invoke
>        svn revert *
>
> However after committing changes, how can one revert the changes of
> a particular revision cleanly (i.e. copying the revision
> immediately before the revision concerned as the most recent
> revision)?

Read the section "Undoing Changes" in the book:

http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.2/
svn.branchmerge.commonuses.html#svn.branchmerge.commonuses.undo

(Please pardon my mail client if it breaks the URL...)