Posted to dev@drill.apache.org by Julien Le Dem <ju...@dremio.com> on 2015/09/14 20:21:39 UTC

classpath scanning in Drill

As mentioned at the last Drill sync up I've been working on classpath
scanning.
I'm centralizing scanning and moving the scan for drill provided
implementations at build time.
I'm making it use more bytecode inspection and less reflection to make it
faster as well.
I'm also simplifying a bit. Chatting with Jacques it sounds like we could
have a single property to configure which packages to scan (instead of one
per base class right now). Since the package prefix is not enforced this
can easily be changed now.

code here:
https://github.com/apache/drill/pull/148/files

Thoughts?