Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Alexander Höglind <al...@hoglind.com> on 2002/03/22 10:30:01 UTC

How to define multiple sites

Hi,
I've just installed Tomcat 4.03 on a win2k server and IIS used as primary web server. Everything works fine with the example files and there would be no problem to map tomcat to another folder (like inetpub\wwwroot). But since I have multiple sites defined with different application requirements I would like to be able to map tomcat to multiple folders like inetpub\mysite1, intepub\mysite2.
What I can read in the documentation this is posible. I need to define differnt workers, but I've tried and failured.
Anyone who have done this or know how to do?

Thanks for youre time,
Alexander Höglind

Re: How to define multiple sites (VIRTUAL HOSTS)

Posted by Jason Hendriks <he...@canada.com>.
Check out tomcat/conf/apps-examples.xml.

If you have a virtual host, then add "apps-foo.xml" into the tomcat/conf
directory.

Very basically you specify the settings of the virutal host into
apps-foo.xml:
<Server>
  <Host name="foo.com">
    <Alias name="www.foo.com" />
    <Context path="/" docBase="/var/www/foo"></Context>
  </Host>
</Server>

That's it.  I don't remember there being anything special to be done in IIS
other than to direct the requests to this VirtualHost to Tomcat, which is
the same as any other redirection.  Read more in documentation
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-3.3-doc/tomcat-ug.html under "Adding
and Customizing Contexts".

Jason

Posted by Bernhard Wraase <bw...@netkosmos.de>.