Posted to dev@jena.apache.org by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org> on 2022/09/09 08:48:47 UTC

Build breakage: java11 javadoc

I've just put in a bunch of POM cleanup.

It's triggered the internal error in javadoc generation in the Jenkins
Java11 builds.

I thought I'd managed to come up with a setup that avoided this in a
plain (not -Papache-release) build. But obviously not.

Will fix ASAP.

The odd thing about jena-dboe-index-test is that it has junit in scope
compile.

     Andy

PS The build works when building with java17 for java11 bytecode which
is done at release anyway due to other javadoc problems.

----------------

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-javadoc-plugin:3.4.1:jar
(attach-javadocs) on project jena-dboe-index-test: MavenReportException:
Error while generating Javadoc:

[ERROR] Exit code: 1 - javadoc: error - An internal exception has occurred.

[ERROR] com.sun.tools.javac.code.Symbol$CompletionFailure: class file
for org.hamcrest.Matcher not found

[ERROR]

[ERROR] Command line was:
/usr/local/asfpackages/java/oraclejdk-11.0.12/bin/javadoc @options @packages

Re: Build breakage: java11 javadoc

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.
Fixed.

For now - skip javadoc on this module.

Otherwise there is a dependency to put org.hamcrest:hamcrest into scope
compile but that then needs a version number which I didn't like for the
long term. junit itself depends on :hamcrest-core, not :hamcrest.

     Andy