Posted to user@empire-db.apache.org by Ralf Eichinger <ra...@gmail.com> on 2021/08/09 17:55:02 UTC

Evaluating empire-db with Spring Boot

I have to questions:

1. Is there an example code using empire-db with spring boot?
e.g. using common application properties for connection/database setup

currently I am using jdbi but do not like the "functional programming" row
mapping...

the code example here:
https://github.com/apache/empire-db/tree/master/empire-db-examples/empire-db-example-spring
seems to map empire-db to spring jdbc templates...

but I want a barebones empire-db setup in a spring boot (without jdbc
template - for now)
to get used to it.

any tutorial/documentation beside this one:
http://empire-db.apache.org/documentation/tutorial.htm ?

2. I have JSONB columns in my postgres database. How to handle json
functions with empire-db?
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/12/functions-json.html

Re: Evaluating empire-db with Spring Boot

Posted by Ralf Eichinger <ra...@gmail.com>.
ok, managed to implement a working spring boot example.
opened a pull request for the new example:

https://github.com/apache/empire-db/pull/11

please review if done properly

--
Ralf Eichinger