Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Justin Cook <sk...@skull.co.nz> on 2006/06/23 15:18:05 UTC

textocr and deleting messages

Hiya!

I've had a go at setting up the textocr plugin (the one by Martin blapp)
found on the Wiki. I've created the textocr.pm plugin and added the
following line to my local.cf:

loadplugin textocr textocr.pm

Is this all I need to do, or is there more?

Also, how would I go about deleting messages marked as spam? I know it's
not recommended, so is it possible to only delete junk destined for
specific accounts? I've set up the CustomDeleteTag plugin, now I'm
guessing I need something else in the pipeline to see that tag and act
on it.

--

*Justin Cook*
Developer

*Skype*
justincookskull <skype:justincookskull?call> 	My status
<skype:justincookskull?call>

Re: textocr and deleting messages

Posted by Kelson <ke...@speed.net>.
Justin Cook wrote:
> Actually, better question: is it possible to bounce messages with too
> many hits?

First, I'm assuming that by "bounce" you mean "reject" -- because
generating a bounce message to a sender that is more than likely forged
is a Bad Idea(TM).

Not directly with SpamAssassin -- all it does is assign the score.  You
can get this behavior if you do the scanning during the SMTP
transaction, but the logic has to be in the program that calls SpamAssassin.

If you're using Sendmail, there are a number of "milters" (mail filters)
you can use, such as MIMEDefang, Amavisd-new, etc.  These programs get
run by Sendmail while it's receiving the message, and you can set the
milter to check the resulting SpamAssassin score and decide whether to
reject the message, let it through unchanged, or let it through marked
as spam.

Mailscanner is another program I've heard mentioned frequently, and I
know there are programs that will work with Postfix and other mail
servers that will do the same kind of thing.

We've used MIMEDefang <www.mimedefang.org> quite successfully for
several years, and I'd definitely recommend it.

--
Kelson Vibber

Re: textocr and deleting messages

Posted by Justin Cook <sk...@skull.co.nz>.