Posted to dev@mahout.apache.org by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org> on 2009/02/03 17:10:53 UTC

MAHOUT-104: migrate to Maven

Hey Mahouts,

Please check out trunk and try the mvn stuff I have in so far.

Commands:
1. mvn compile
2. mvn test

and let me now if if works for you.

Still left to do, WAR packaging for Taste and release candidate
preparation.  I'm working through this stuff as fast as I can each
morning, but could use some help, so feel free to dive in.

Thanks,
Grant

Re: MAHOUT-104: migrate to Maven

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.

This always helps me w/ Maven: http://maven.apache.org/plugins/index.html

Re: MAHOUT-104: migrate to Maven

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.
IS this related to [mvn test] failing?

Or a different problem related to packaging for distribution?

On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 1:09 PM, Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodnetic@yahoo.com

--
Ted Dunning, CTO
DeepDyve

Re: MAHOUT-104: migrate to Maven

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.
FYI, the install target should no longer require GPG, as I am hoping
to move it to deploy, although Maven doesn't seem to offer a "pre
deploy" lifecycle target.

--------------------------
Grant Ingersoll
http://www.lucidimagination.com/

Search the Lucene ecosystem (Lucene/Solr/Nutch/Mahout mail/wiki/docs/
JIRA) using Solr/Lucene:
http://www.lucidimagination.com/search

Re: MAHOUT-104: migrate to Maven

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.
In the root mahout trunk dir.

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.

--------------------------

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Isabel Drost <is...@apache.org>.
On Tuesday 03 February 2009, Grant Ingersoll wrote:
> Please check out trunk and try the mvn stuff I have in so far.
> and let me now if if works for you.

mvn install

works for me.

Isabel

--
I think we're in trouble.		-- Han Solo
  |\      _,,,---,,_       Web:   <http://www.isabel-drost.de>
'---''(_/--'  `-'\_) (fL)  IM:  <xm...@spaceboyz.net>

Re: MAHOUT-104: migrate to Maven

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.
On Feb 3, 2009, at 11:55 AM, Otis Gospodnetic wrote:

> Works for me.
> I think we are missing the equivalent of this, though: ant -f build-
> deprecated.xml dist

Yeah, I haven't worked through packaging yet.  Unfortunately, some of
the testing of release procedures require things to be checked in.

Give "mvn install" a try.

Re: MAHOUT-104: migrate to Maven

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.
Works for me.