Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Eric Barboni <sk...@apache.org> on 2021/06/28 12:46:32 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache NetBeans 12.5 windows native launchers

Hi folks,

The mavenized version of 12.5 Apache Netbeans windows native launchers are
staged and ready to be voted. (will remplace osuol launcher artefacts )
It includes :
 app.exe, app64.exe
 nbexec.exe,nbexec.dll,nbexec64.exe,nbexec64.dll
 netbeans.exe,netbeans64.exe

Changes :
 a) Version bump to 12.5 was 9.0,
 b) add following argument in the launcher : -Djava.security.manager=allow

It contains executable and dll used for execution on Windows platform,
artefacts will be needed in the main build process and we later need to
adjust netbeans main build. Version is set to 12.5 as this will be the next
release.

Maven coordinates
org.apache.netbeans.native :launcher :12.5

Voted sources :
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/netbeans/native/netbeans-launchers/12
.5/
Artefacts are staged at :
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachenetbeans-1089/
the following zip contains the launchers: launcher-12.5-distribution.zip

Repository : https://github.com/apache/netbeans-native-launchers

Build fom git hash : 7b1ffad7a3e2af0befcc1e5596e98849c907b911  (tag
launcher-12.5)

All artefacts are signed by my key and verified by the repository.apache.org
closing phase.

This vote is going to be open for at least 72 hours. Vote with +1, 0,
-1 as usual.

Best Regards,

Eric

RE: [VOTE] Release Apache NetBeans 12.5 windows native launchers

Posted by Eric Barboni <Er...@irit.fr>.
Thanks Kai,

Missing one last binding vote
Best Regards

Eric

Posted by Kai Uwe Pel <ku...@webnetproject.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com.INVALID>.
+1 (binding)

Gj

Posted by Eric Barboni <Er...@irit.fr>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Jan Lahoda <la...@gmail.com>.
Great work, and thanks for doing this! I have a question though (something
I didn't notice before): the NOTICE in the 'launcher-12.5-distribution.zip`
and `launcher-12.5-sources.jar` is different than in the source release. I
think one in the source release zip is the correct one.

So, this is unfortunately +0 from me.

One the process side, as a note, I think it is better to include the
checksum in the e-mail, so that it is clear what is being voted for (even
in the future). Also, I suspect the convenience binaries should, besides
Maven central, be also put on the Apache servers next to the source
distribution.

Once this is released, I'll include it in:
https://github.com/apache/netbeans/pull/3003

Thanks,
    Jan

Posted by Jaroslav Tulach <ja...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

Checksum OK, signed. It builds on Ubuntu (great Maven work, btw.).
-jt