Posted to dev@servicemix.apache.org by Massimiliano Guillaro <m....@gmail.com> on 2011/02/04 11:48:09 UTC

wsn2005 component flow

Hi,
i don't understand the cicle that a notification makes when it arrives at
wsn component by http connection. I suppose this flow

Wrapped to jms message -> send to the NMR (but is it ActiveMQ or is
different?) -> elaborated by ActiveMQ broker -> received by the wsn
component ( by onMessage method) -> ? What happen now?

Please Help me

MG

Re: wsn2005 component flow

Posted by Massimiliano Guillaro <m....@gmail.com>.

>> - There is a way to comunicate to the jms broker that an exterior
>> webservice
>> (consumer in that case) is out?
>
> In theory yes, you could send a JMS message directly to WSN component,
> but given that's not the way it's supposed to be used, you're kind on
> your own here.
> But it should work.

I'm not sure to get it can you explain me?

So a wsn create a jms consumer for every subscriber (for example for an
external ws-notification subscriber ) and only one jms topic for each ws-n
topic but the jms broker doesn't know  nothing about subscriber.
In case of persistence (i think in default case) when a message is delivered
from a jms topic to a jms consumer the message is deleted from a db (if the
jms consumer receive the notification), but if, for example, the
ws-notification consumer (webservice) is unreachable  the notification is
however deleted form the db because the jms consumer receives the
notification but it can't deliver it to the webservice.
In that case how can i implement persitence?

Regards
MG

Re: wsn2005 component flow

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Feb 4, 2011 at 13:55, Massimiliano Guillaro
<m....@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Guillaume Nodet,
> thanks for your reply i think that you are one of the guru about Servicemix.
> My question is oriented to obtain the interior mechanism of wsn2005 . if i
> understand, wsn component create a topic (in subscription time) for an
> exterior subscriber (http) then, when a exterior producer (http) send a
> notification to wsn component, it wrap and send jms message to broker which
> send the notification again to wsn component that send the notification to
> exterior subscriber by BC.
>  if is correct:
>
> -From the point of view of jms Broker there is only one consumer that is wsn
> component which create some topic for subscribers. Is it correct?

A topic is create for each ws-notification topic, not per consumer or
subscriber.   We use the exact same semantics than JMS here.  The
point is that the WSN component is controlling all JMS subscribers and
publishers (but the JMS broker is not aware of that).   This also
enable the WSN component to work in a distributed environment if the
brokers are correctly configured to form a network (or if you have a
single broker instance).

> - There is a way to comunicate to the jms broker that an exterior webservice
> (consumer in that case) is out?

In theory yes, you could send a JMS message directly to WSN component,
but given that's not the way it's supposed to be used, you're kind on
your own here.
But it should work.

> Thanks
> MG

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet
------------------------
Blog: http://gnodet.blogspot.com/
------------------------
Open Source SOA
http://fusesource.com

Re: wsn2005 component flow

Re: wsn2005 component flow

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
You should not think about ActiveMQ in that case.  The fact that the
WSN component is using ActiveMQ is an implementation detail.
What happens is that when a publisher publishes a notification, the
component will deliver it to registered subscribers.
What happens underneath is that those are mapped to JMS topics so each
WSN subscriber will have a jms consumer on that topic and will receive
the notification.

On Fri, Feb 4, 2011 at 11:48, Massimiliano Guillaro
<m....@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> i don't understand the cicle that a notification makes when it arrives at
> wsn component by http connection. I suppose this flow
>
> Wrapped to jms message -> send to the NMR (but is it ActiveMQ or is
> different?) -> elaborated by ActiveMQ broker -> received by the wsn
> component ( by onMessage method) -> ? What happen now?
>
> Please Help me
>
> MG

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet