Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by ma...@27seconds.com on 2004/02/24 15:19:45 UTC

Schema Validation Error

I have a schema (actually 2, 1 included in another). As far as I can tell, all
of my schemas match-up.

And, as far as I can tell, the files are valid. I have tested the schema
validation from within XMLSpy and from within a VB application using the MSXML
parser. All confirm that the XML files conform to the schemas.

I'm getting an error in a Java program that I'm working on using the Xerces
processor. As far as I can tell, it's a 1.x version.

I know the actual code for the schema validation is proper because other schema
files validate just fine (I've noticed that they don't have specific namespaces
defined).

The error message is:
General Schema Error: Schema in
file:/C:/SchemaValidation/Schemas/MyCompany_v3_0.xsd has a different target
namespace from the one specified in the instance document :.

My schema:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<xs:schema targetNamespace="urn:us:my:company" xmlns:myco="urn:us:my:company"
xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" elementFormDefault="qualified"
attributeFormDefault="unqualified" version="3.0">
<xs:include schemaLocation="Common_v3_0.xsd"/>
<xs:element name="SubmissionGroup" type="myco:SubmissionGroupType">
... schema stuff here ...
</xs:element>
<xs:element name="SystemRecordCountValues"
type="nei:SystemRecordCountValuesType"/>
</xs:schema>

My XML file:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<SubmissionGroup xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
xmlns="urn:us:my:company" xsi:schemaLocation="urn:us:my:company
MyCompany_v3_0.xsd" schemaVersion="1.1">
<SystemRecordCountValues schemaVersion="1.1">
... valid xml document ...
</SystemRecordCountValues>
</SubmissionGroup>

Any ideas?