Posted to torque-user@db.apache.org by "mr.x" <mr...@tele2.ch> on 2003/12/15 20:49:28 UTC

Criteria.addAscendingOrderByColumn(field) NullPointerEx

Hello all

I'm currently developing my first "torque based" java-app. (Almost)
everything works fine; but if i use addAscendingOrderByColumn() with a
character field or use setLimit() on a Criteria object i get a
NullPointerException:
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at org.apache.torque.util.BasePeer.createQuery(BasePeer.java:1277)
        at
org.apache.torque.util.BasePeer.createQueryString(BasePeer.java:984)
        at org.apache.torque.util.BasePeer.doSelect(BasePeer.java:1391)
        at org.apache.torque.util.BasePeer.doSelect(BasePeer.java:1368)
(Sample=addAscendingOrderByColumn)

I'm using torque 3.1 on winxp with mysql 4.0.15

Is this a torque "feature" or a "config issue" ? Is it possible to sort and
or limit the result set in another way ? (... groupBy works i know -> thats
not sorting ;->)

Thanks for help

Regards

Rolf