Posted to xmlbeans-dev@xml.apache.org by "Sarode, Prashant" <pr...@ibtco.com> on 2004/05/14 21:57:06 UTC

Out of memory Problem---Has it been fixed after handover to Apach e?

We have a version of XML Beans that cam along with BEA WLS 8.1 SP2. We were
having some Out Of Memory Issues. I read some post on the WebLogic's
newsgroup that was prior to XMLbeans handover to Apache. I realize the
current incubation release is 1.0.0 and has some bug fixes after handover to
apache.

My question is will it be prudent to download this release in anticipation
of my out of memory problem.

Please advise asap (since it releated to a production release)
Prashant

The current solution per newgroup is as follows:
Subject:   Re: Out of memory error
Date:  8 May 2004 17:59:22 -0700
From:   "Michael Wooten" <wo...@hotmail.com>
Newsgroup:  weblogic.developer.interest.xmlbeans

Hi Michael,

Here's one of the XMLBean engineers reply, to a similar question:

Subject: Re: Memory & Object Release Date: Wed Jul 16 11:25:32 PDT 2003
From: "Tim Hanson" <th...@bea.com> Organization: BEA NEWS SITE Newsgroups:
[weblogic.developer.interest.xmlbeans]

The problem is that we are holding on to the last document in memory even
though the client code has released its references. The happens because we
cache the SAX parser in thread local memory for performance reasons. The
parser is holding our impl of the SaxHandler which is holding the entire
document in memory. The fix is to null out the reference in the SaxHandler
after the initial load of the document. This will be fixed and released once
the code is in Apache.

If you need an immediate workaround, just keep one small document in memory
and always load that after loading a large document. That way, we will still
be holding that last document, but it can be less than 1k instead of several
Meg.

Tim

"Michael Li" <mi...@fundserv.com> wrote:

>Currently we are running an application to transform a plain text to
>XML using
>xmlbeans. If the plain text file is larger, the xml will be bigger
respectively.
>And finally we got OutOfMemoryError. Is there anyway to solve this ?

This message and any attached documents contain information
which may be confidential, subject to privilege or exempt from
disclosure under applicable law.  These materials are solely for
the use of the intended recipient.  If you are not the intended
recipient of this transmission, you are hereby notified that any
distribution, disclosure, printing, copying, storage, modification
or the taking of any action in reliance upon this transmission is
strictly prohibited.  Delivery of this message to any person other
than the intended recipient shall not compromise or waive
such confidentiality, privilege or exemption from disclosure as
to this communication.

the sender immediately and delete this message from your system.