Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Fa...@firstunion.com on 2000/07/26 20:50:36 UTC

javax.servlet.ServletContext missing two methods

Hi,

I wonder if anyone else has noticed the problem with the latest version
Java Servlet specification 2.2.

If you look at the servlet.jar file (which contains all the standardized
interfaces), the interface javax.servlet.ServletContext doesn't define
these methods:

public java.lang.String getInitParameter(java.lang.String name)
public java.util.Enumeration getInitParameterNames()

I think they should be defined, because servlet specification 2.2 (page 23) and Java Servlet
API documentation (generated by javadoc) do include them.

I wounder if there is some reason why they are not defined.

Faustas Zilinskas
First Union

Re: javax.servlet.ServletContext missing two methods

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <Cr...@eng.sun.com>.
Faustas.Zilinskas@firstunion.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I wonder if anyone else has noticed the problem with the latest version
> Java Servlet specification 2.2.
>
> If you look at the servlet.jar file (which contains all the standardized
> interfaces), the interface javax.servlet.ServletContext doesn't define
> these methods:
>
> public java.lang.String getInitParameter(java.lang.String name)
> public java.util.Enumeration getInitParameterNames()
>
> I think they should be defined, because servlet specification 2.2 (page 23) and Java Servlet
> API documentation (generated by javadoc) do include them.
>
> I wounder if there is some reason why they are not defined.

Where did you get your "servlet.jar" file from?  The servlet.jar that comes with Tomcat
certainly includes these methods.

> Faustas Zilinskas
> First Union

Craig McClanahan