Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by JKL <ju...@klunky.co.uk> on 2011/03/22 21:26:07 UTC

[Q] Best practice : spamass-milter headers for SA post-processing

Hi,

    I have spamass-milter as an SMTP milter on the front end of
postfix.  Spamc for post-processing.

For quite a while, I had the spamass-milter on the front-end, and then
postfix passes it to spamc for processing, and then the result is passed
to Dovecot for delivery.

I see that the milter can use these options   -m   or  -M   to disable
headers, so I presume it adds these by default.  Thus by adding one of
these ( -m -M), SA ought to process the messages in the back-end, and
spamass-milter should not have to modify messages as a milter, thus
making it run a little quicker.

Am I on the right track?

Cheers,S.