Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by Timothy Vogel <tv...@msn.com> on 2015/07/04 15:13:11 UTC

Help installing Karaf feature for Apache Mina

I am specifically looking for FTP support.  Old messages indicate that it is provided by Apache Mina.  Mina is listed as a feature on the web page for standard-3.0.3.  but can't be found when I try to install.  Below are the command, error and my servers repo list.
Any help is greatly appreciated.Timothy Vogel

karaf@root()>  feature:install mina-coreError executing command: No feature matching mina-core/0.0.0

Repository                    | URL---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------spring-3.0.3                  | mvn:org.apache.karaf.features/spring/3.0.3/xml/featuresenterprise-3.0.3              | mvn:org.apache.karaf.features/enterprise/3.0.3/xml/featuresorg.ops4j.pax.web-3.1.4       | mvn:org.ops4j.pax.web/pax-web-features/3.1.4/xml/featuresstandard-3.0.3                | mvn:org.apache.karaf.features/standard/3.0.3/xml/featuresorg.ops4j.pax.cdi-0.11.0      | mvn:org.ops4j.pax.cdi/pax-cdi-features/0.11.0/xml/features

Re: Help installing Karaf feature for Apache Mina

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Tim,

mina was previously a feature as sshd used it, but not sshd doesn't
require it anymore.

However, the mina feature didn't provide FTP server (just sshd required
bundle).

If you want to add FTP server support using Mina
(http://mina.apache.org/ftpserver-project/), you have to install the
corresponding bundles by hand and provide a bundle to actually bootstrap
the FTP server.

Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: Help installing Karaf feature for Apache Mina

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Cool, I gonna help you to update Sling to K4 !

Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: Help installing Karaf feature for Apache Mina

Posted by Oliver Lietz <ap...@oliverlietz.de>.

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: Help installing Karaf feature for Apache Mina

Posted by Oliver Lietz <ap...@oliverlietz.de>.

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Tim,

for you, it's not a big deal: you will just have to refer the SMX
feaures repostory in Karaf, and so install the ftp feature.

Regards
JB

On 07/05/2015 08:55 AM, tvogel wrote:
> jbonofre wrote
>> However, as the feature requires a bundle, this bundle and so the
>> corresponding feature could go in SMX.
>
> What does this mean to me, a user of karaf?  Will I be able to add an FTP
> feature from the standard karaf feature repository?  Will it come with other
> "extra bundles" from ServiceMix?
>
> Thanks
> Timothy

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: Help installing Karaf feature for Apache Mina

Posted by tvogel <tv...@msn.com>.
jbonofre wrote

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
I said I will create a Jira, I don't say where.

But anyway, it makes as much sense as having jndi, hibernate or openjpa
features, if we talk about the pure feature.

On 07/04/2015 08:55 PM, Achim Nierbeck wrote:
> Hi
>
> guys, before you rush it, but a ftp server, even though an interesting
> idea, should go to servicemix.
> Not karaf :-)
>
> regards, Achim

> <ma...@nanthrax.net>>:
>
>     I will create a Jira to add a ftp feature.
>
>     Regards
>     JB
>

>     On 07/04/2015 07:07 PM, tvogel wrote:
>
>         JB,
>             An FTP server in karaf would definitely make my life easier
>         as I wouldn't
>         have to enable any of those nasty Microsoft services built on
>         top of IIS.
>
>             I'm not sure if "interesting" is meant as "fun, learning
>         experience" or
>         the ancient curse "may you live in interesting times".
>

>         --
>

>     --
>     Jean-Baptiste Onofré
>     jbonofre@apache.org <ma...@apache.org>
>     http://blog.nanthrax.net
>     Talend - http://www.talend.com
>

> --
>
> Apache Member
> OPS4J Pax Web <http://wiki.ops4j.org/display/paxweb/Pax+Web/> Committer
> & Project Lead
> blog <http://notizblog.nierbeck.de/>

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: Help installing Karaf feature for Apache Mina

Posted by Achim Nierbeck <bc...@googlemail.com>.
Hi

--

Apache Member

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
By the way, it would be interesting to add a ftp feature to turn Karaf
as a FTP server.

WDYT ?