Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Nicola Benaglia <ni...@tecno-progetti.eu> on 2008/05/11 18:27:43 UTC

deploying on a public maven server

Hi,
reading on maven FAQ I haven't found an answer to this question:
If i need to deploy to my project library to a public maven repos, who I
have to ask permission to?
Is it possible or do I need to configure and expose my own maven repos?

Thank you,
Nicola

Re: deploying on a public maven server

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
> http://maven.apache.org/developers/welcome-to-new-committers.html

This doesn't really apply in this situation. This link has information
useful for new Maven committers, people who are in the Maven dev team
and who are working on Maven itself.

It sounds like you simply have a new library that you would like
published to the Maven repo. In this case, the link that Wendy
provided is more applicable.
http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-central-repository-upload.html

Wayne

Re: deploying on a public maven server

Posted by Nicola Benaglia <ni...@tecno-progetti.eu>.
Hi,
> reading on maven FAQ I haven't found an answer to this question:
> If i need to deploy to my project library to a public maven repos, who
> I have to ask permission to?
> Is it possible or do I need to configure and expose my own maven repos?
Late, but I found this useful link:

http://maven.apache.org/developers/welcome-to-new-committers.html

Bye,

Re: deploying on a public maven server

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On Sun, May 11, 2008 at 9:27 AM, Nicola Benaglia
<ni...@tecno-progetti.eu> wrote:
> reading on maven FAQ I haven't found an answer to this question:
> If i need to deploy to my project library to a public maven repos, who I
> have to ask permission to?
> Is it possible or do I need to configure and expose my own maven repos?

This page has information about uploading your project to the central repo:
http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-central-repository-upload.html

--
Wendy