Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com> on 2007/02/16 19:34:32 UTC

Tracking web-traffic in Tuscany Website

I have been doing some web-traffic monitoring on our Tuscany Blog using
Google Analytics and StatCounter.

I was wondering if would be a good idea to do same on our Project website,
and this might be give us a better idea of traffic on specific areas
(e.gSCA/SDO/DAS or Java/C++, etc)

I was checking with ASF Infra, and they only have stats log files, but no
visual tool that shows traffic by individual projects, so if people on the
Tuscany dev community like the idea, I'd go and check if it's ok with the
Incubator PMC to add these 3rd party web trackers to our project website.

Toughts ?

--
Luciano Resende
http://people.apache.org/~lresende

Re: Tracking web-traffic in Tuscany Website

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
This should be transparent for the user that is accessing the website.

On 5/30/07, Venkata Krishnan <fo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am ok with this.  Is there going to be any trade off to get this in ?.
> For example do you see our users having to feed in some information about
> their profile or is there any other thing that could impact the user
> experience a bit - just curious :).  Thanks.
>
> - Venkat
>
> On 5/31/07, Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Looks like this thread got forgotten, but with the re-design of our
> > website, looks like it's a good time to revisit the subject.
> >
> > Also, there has been some discussion on other projects about this
> > subject, and looks like couple other apache projects are already using
> > Google Analytics for web-traffic or download-traffic monitoring, so it
> > should not be a problem for us to start using as well.
> >
> > If people are still OK, I'll take a look about adding the tracking .js
> > code from Google into our exported website.
> >
> > [1] http://www.google.com/analytics/
> >
> > On 2/21/07, haleh mahbod <hm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > +1 if allowed by Apache.

> > using