Posted to dev@hivemind.apache.org by "David J. M. Karlsen" <da...@davidkarlsen.com> on 2005/04/13 23:46:01 UTC

Re: [RESULT] Release HiveMind-1.1-alpha-3

Howard Lewis Ship wrote:

>I would like to get a HiveMind 1.1-alpha-3 release out.  I don't think
>Achim's JMX support will make it in, but that should be in place
>before the beta.  Based on the discussions here, there isn't anything,
>besides JMX, so urgent it can't wait for HiveMind 1.2.  I'd like to
>move HiveMind 1.1 to a GA release quickly ... 1.1 has already gone on
>longer than I had originally hoped.
>
>Binding votes:
>
>Howard M. Lewis Ship: +1
>James Carman: +1
>Harish Krishnaswamy: +1
>Knut Wannaheden: +1
>Erik Hatcher: +0 (no response)
>
>Non-binding votes:
>Richard Hensley: +1
>David Karlsen: +1
>Brian Wallace: +1
>Johan Lindquist: +1

What happens after 1.1a3, does it go into a beta state before release?
Or does it go directly to 1.1?

Re: [RESULT] Release HiveMind-1.1-alpha-3

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
We do a series of betas, then a series of rc (release candidates), then the
final release.

On 4/13/05, David J. M. Karlsen <da...@davidkarlsen.com> wrote:

> Howard Lewis Ship wrote:
>
> >I would like to get a HiveMind 1.1-alpha-3 release out. I don't think
> >Achim's JMX support will make it in, but that should be in place
> >before the beta. Based on the discussions here, there isn't anything,
> >besides JMX, so urgent it can't wait for HiveMind 1.2. I'd like to
> >move HiveMind 1.1 to a GA release quickly ... 1.1 has already gone on
> >longer than I had originally hoped.
> >
> >Binding votes:
> >
> >Howard M. Lewis Ship: +1
> >James Carman: +1
> >Harish Krishnaswamy: +1
> >Knut Wannaheden: +1
> >Erik Hatcher: +0 (no response)
> >
> >Non-binding votes:
> >Richard Hensley: +1
> >David Karlsen: +1
> >Brian Wallace: +1
> >Johan Lindquist: +1
> >

> What happens after 1.1a3, does it go into a beta state before release?
> Or does it go directly to 1.1?

Howard M. Lewis Ship
Creator, Jakarta Tapestry
Creator, Jakarta HiveMind