Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by "GRIMSHAW, Richard" <Ri...@london.sema.slb.com> on 2002/01/22 15:56:59 UTC

Alternative transports to HTTP

Hi,

	I am considering using the Xerces XML parser for a project on
OpenVMS (either Java or C++). However the XML messages need to be
transported over a propriety transport called CATP. CATP is simmilar to HTTP
but adds addiotional support for transactions and timeouts.

Can anybody tell me how I should go about adding support for the new
protocol. e.g. CATP://nodename/filename - i.e. what classes need to be
changed and the general Xerces architecture when it comes to chosing an
implementation beased upon a suppled URL?

I suppose a class diagram of how the currenltly supported protocols are
chosen would be a step in the right direction.

Thanks

Richard

Richard Grimshaw
Network Interface Analyst
SchlumbergerSema Telecoms	4 Triton Square, Regents Place London, NW1
3HG, UK.
Direct:	(+44) (0)207 830 1949
Fax:	(+44) (0)207 830 4445
Enquiries:	(+44) (0)207 830 4444
E-mail: mailto:Richard.Grimshaw@london.sema.slb.com

 <<GRIMSHAW, Richard.vcf>>

SchlumbergerSema.
If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this
email in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or
copying of this email is strictly prohibited.

If you have received this email in error please notify the SchlumbergerSema Helpdesk by telephone on +44 (0) 121 627 5600.