Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by "Bright, Sean" <SB...@sysalli.com> on 2001/09/19 20:33:48 UTC

Possible solution for Bug #2456

Ladies and Gents:

	While attempting to use the COM object from 1.5.1 with Cold Fusion,
a coworker and I discovered a problem with the implementation of loadXML().
The issue was that a document was loaded perfectly from disk using load()
but when using the memory parser loadXML() we would get the following error
message:

	Type:TranscodingException, Message:Could not create a converter for
encoding: UTF-16

	We were able to confirm this using JS under the Windows Scripting
Host as well, so it appears not to be specific to Cold Fusion.  We were able
to fix this problem by changing line #1429 of src/com/XMLDOMDocument.cpp:

	-memBufIS.setEncoding(OLESTR("UTF-16"));
	+memBufIS.setEncoding(OLESTR("UTF-16LE"));

	Also, while compiling the COM object, I noticed that MIDL.exe was
failing on line #68 of src/com/xml4com.idl.  According to MSDN
documentation, the version() statement requires a major.minor version number
scheme, so in this case "1.5.1" is invalid.  Changing like #68 of
src/com/xml4com.idl:

	-version(1.5.1),
	+version(1.51),

	Please CC me on any response as I am not on the list.

Thank you,
Sean Bright
Systems Alliance, Inc.
410-584-0595 x-116