Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Michelle Baert <m....@free.fr> on 2007/07/21 19:22:02 UTC

I still cannot run a basic struts2 app on tomcat55

Hi all,

I'm trying to start learning struts2.

I have a tomcat 5.5 server running fine with simple jsp applications.

But I found no way to start a struts2 app, even struts2-blank-2.0.8
or any of the supplied examples.

I tried several examples from various tutorials, they give the same
error.
However, it works with jetty, through "mvn jetty:run".
Looking at the classpath used, I copied jars from the .m2 repository to
WEB-INF/lib, i.e.
  aopalliance-1.0.jar
  commons-fileupload-1.1.1.jar
  commons-io-1.1.jar
  commons-logging-1.0.4.jar
  dwr-1.1-beta-3.jar
  freemarker-2.3.8.jar
  ognl-2.6.9.jar
  sitemesh-2.2.1.jar
  spring-beans-2.0.1.jar
  spring-context-2.0.1.jar
  spring-core-2.0.1.jar
  spring-web-2.0.1.jar
  struts2-api-2.0.5.jar
  struts2-core-2.0.5.jar
  struts2-sitemesh-plugin-2.0.5.jar
  struts2-spring-plugin-2.0.5.jar
  xwork-2.0.0.jar

I even copied them to /usr/share/tomcat5.5/shared/lib, no result.

here's part of my /var/log/tomcat5.5/localhost.2007-07-21.log

---
INFO: ContextListener: attributeAdded('org.apache.catalina.MBeanServer',
'com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.JmxMBeanServer@32060c')
21 juil. 2007 11:59:05 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext
filterStart
GRAVE: Exception au démarrage du filtre struts2
Caught exception while loading file struts-default.xml - Class:
java.security.AccessControlContext
File: AccessControlContext.java
Method: checkPermission
Line: 264 - java/security/AccessControlContext.java:264:-1
	at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.config.providers.XmlConfigurationProvider.loadConfigurationFiles(XmlConfigurationProvider.java:839)
---
in my /etc/tomcat5.5/policy.d/04webapps.policy, I tried to add,
according to
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/tomcat5.5/+bug/74784
:
---
grant codeBase "file:${catalina.home}/webapps/-" {
  permission java.security.AllPermission;
};

---
it didn't help.

I'm using Linux Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn, java 1.5.0_11
(JAVA_HOME=/usr/lib/j2sdk1.5-sun), tomcat 5.5, struts-2.0.8.

In my $CATALINA_HOME/conf/tomcat-users.xml, I have
<user username="mich" password="***" roles="admin,manager"/>

--
I would greatly appreciate any help.
TIA,

--- Michelle

Re: I still cannot run a basic struts2 app on tomcat55

Posted by Michelle Baert <m....@free.fr>.
Le samedi 21 juillet 2007 à 19:54 +0100, Pierre Goupil a écrit :
> Definitely, it's a Tomcat security manager problem. Can't you just
> deactivate it ? As it is for learning purposes, this shouldn't be a great
> concern.
>
> My 2 cents,
>
> Pierre

Thank you for answering, Pierre.

I would say that my reason for learning is to be able to build real life
applications, not just to pass time ;-)

Also, I tried adding :
	grant codeBase "file:${catalina.home}/webapps/-" {
	  permission java.security.AllPermission;
	};
which didn't solve anything. Do you mean another way to disable
Tomcat security manager ?

Posted by Pierre Goupil <go...@gmail.com>.
Definitely, it's a Tomcat security manager problem. Can't you just
deactivate it ? As it is for learning purposes, this shouldn't be a great
concern.

My 2 cents,

Pierre

--
"Si le sang ne coule pas assez chaud dans tes veines,
je le répandrais sur le sable pour qu'il bouille au soleil."

(Maraxus de Kelde)