Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Jon Roberts <jo...@mentata.com> on 2002/11/04 22:06:28 UTC

java servlets to rate congressmen

Tuesday is election day. I've developed a web application to perhaps
help you make more educated voting decisions. Follow the links below,
and you can say "Yea" or "Nay" on some of the same issues your
congressmen voted on in their most recent session. You don't need to
make a decision on every issue (you "Abstain" by default), but you need
to vote on at least one to get results. Upon submission of your votes,
my application will evaluate how often your congressmen agreed with your
calls (by %).

For issues from the Senate:

http://www.mentata.com/ldaphttp/examples/congress/voyosef_senate.htm

For issues from the House of Representatives:

http://www.mentata.com/ldaphttp/examples/congress/voyosef_house.htm

Feel free to try it as much as you want, and please forward this message
to anyone you can before Election Day. If you have trouble, let me know at:

problems@mentata.com

This example application is built entirely on open standards and
delivered using mostly open source software. In particular, it uses Java
servlets and an LDAP compliant directory database. All software products
from Mentata Systems (www.mentata.com) are free and open source. Thanks
for looking, and don't forget to vote for real on Tuesday.

Jon Roberts
jon@mentata.com