Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Marc Perkel <ma...@perkel.com> on 2007/12/12 00:12:52 UTC

Razor Problems

What causes this?

reporter: razor2 report failed: No such file or directory report
requires authentication

Thanks in advance

Re: Razor Problems

Posted by Marc Perkel <ma...@perkel.com>.

Matt Kettler wrote:
> Michael Grant wrote:
>
>>> -report?
>>>

>> Ahh, I had to do a razor-admin like this:
>>
>> su - root
>> # razor-admin -create
>> # razor-admin -register
>>
>> Even though I had done this initially as just 'su', it was using my
>> homedir to create the .razor directory.
>>

> Yep. Technically you only needed the -, and didn't need to specify root.
>
> Plain "su" doesn't change the environment or run login scripts, but "su
> -" forces a full login as the target user. Both assume root by default.

In my case I had to do "su spamd" to get it to work for me.

Re: Razor Problems

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@verizon.net>.

Re: Razor Problems

Posted by Michael Grant <mg...@grant.org>.
On Dec 12, 2007 5:05 AM, Matt Kettler <mk...@verizon.net> wrote:

> Michael Grant wrote:

> >> You didn't run razor-admin --register?
> >>

> > Funny, I too just got this same error and yes, I did a razor-agent
> > -create and -register.
> >
> > [88199] warn: reporter: razor2 report failed: No such file or
> > directory report requires authentication at
> > /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/Mail/SpamAssassin/Plugin/Razor2.pm
> > line 178. at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/Mail/SpamAssassin/Plugin/Razor2.pm
> > line 326.
> > [88199] info: reporter: could not report spam to Razor
> Interesting.. do you get a similar result from razor-report?

Ahh, I had to do a razor-admin like this:

su - root
# razor-admin -create
# razor-admin -register

Even though I had done this initially as just 'su', it was using my
homedir to create the .razor directory.

Michael Grant

Re: Razor Problems

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@verizon.net>.

Re: Razor Problems

Posted by Marc Perkel <ma...@perkel.com>.

Theo Van Dinter wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 12, 2007 at 01:19:38AM +0100, Michael Grant wrote:
>
>> Funny, I too just got this same error and yes, I did a razor-agent
>> -create and -register.
>>
>> [88199] warn: reporter: razor2 report failed: No such file or
>> directory report requires authentication at
>>
> [...]
>
>> [88199] info: reporter: could not report spam to Razor
>>

> The next guess is that it's not using the same user directory, so it doesn't
> see the auth files.

Thanks - that was it. I had to be the spamd user to set it up.

Re: Razor Problems

Posted by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@apache.org>.

--
Randomly Selected Tagline:
"We had no idea that part of our AAA dues were being spent on lobbyists who

Re: Razor Problems

Posted by Michael Grant <mg...@grant.org>.

Re: Razor Problems

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@verizon.net>.