Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Mike <Mi...@westnet.com.au> on 2014/08/06 02:33:15 UTC

Calc and an images problem

I have a Calc file with rows 3.2cm high and including a column into
which I wish to insert jpg images which are all 3cm high.  When the
spreadsheet was initially opened I was able to insert the images
anchored to the cells.  After closing the file and reopening it, the
images have shifted down and slightly overlap the cells below, and they
are no longer effectively anchored, and Format>Anchor indicates cell
anchoring.  Sorting the rows works for the text cells but the images
seem anchored to the page.   I have tried deleting the images and
re-inserting using Picture>From File but no image is inserted and no
feedback as to why not.  I have tried inserting linked images but no
images appear in the cells, though the links file looks OK according to
the manual.

My objective is to create a spreadsheet inventory of household furniture
etc, each entry to include a thumbnail photograph in jpg format, with
dimensional, source, cost etc data, able to be selectively sorted and
printed.  It's all working except for the images.  My preference is to
have linked rather than embedded images, with linking the thumbnails but
also including a text file reference to the original larger detailed images.

I'm running OS X 10.8.5 on a MacBook Pro and OO 4.1.0.  I have spent
over an hour "exploring" the internet and OO manuals etc, without
getting any clearer idea of what's going on. (Time for a coffee and to
turn to other issues!)   Any advice will be much appreciated.

Mike Shearer
Townsville in Australia