Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Andy Benjamin <an...@hotmail.com> on 2002/11/01 15:21:31 UTC

RE: Wizards in Jetspeed

>From: "Weaver, Scott" <Sw...@rippe.com>
>To: 'Andy Benjamin' <an...@hotmail.com>
>Subject: RE: Wizards in Jetspeed Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 13:00:40 -0500
>
> > >1) I suppose that I will have to use a form on each page to submit the
> > page?
> > >If I wasn't using jetspeed I probably would just have one boss servlet
> > sit
> > >there and process the incoming requests and fire back a jsp with each
> > >question with the action of the URL pointing to that boss servlet.   Do
> > >treat the portlet java file as the same thing as my servlet?
> > >
> > Use actions and/or action events.
> >
>http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine/turbine-2/howto/action-event-howto.html
> >
> > Thank you for your suggestion.  I did read up on this and made some
> > progress, though I still am having an issue.  I have made a class that
> > should handle this action.  In it I have a method called doNext.  Then
>in
> > my
> > HTML I reference the doNext using the proper syntax
> >
> > <input type="submit" name="eventSubmit_doNext" value="Next >>">
> >
> > Now I press the button and the doNext method is never called in my
>class.
> > know that I need to have a <form action="?"> </form> that surrounds my
> > form
> > elements.  What is the action of the form so that it calls my class
> > correctly?  Thanks!!!
>
><form action="$jslink.Template" method="post"> will set this up for you.
>You must specify the action that you have defined the "doNext()" method in
>as the action for this portlet.  You do this by adding an "action"
>parameter to the portlet registry for this portlet:
>
><parameter name="action" value="portlets.MyAction" hidden="false"
>cachedOnName="true" cachedOnValue="true"/>
>
>Another thing to watch out for is to make sure that the base package for
>your actions is listed as a module directory.  Look for "module.packages"
>in your TurbineResources.properties.  Add another properties entry that
>points to the base package that contains your action classes.
>
>Scott

Thanks for the help, though when I make those changes I get the error that
"The requested resource (/jetspeed/$jslink.Template) is not available."  I
am using a jsp to present the user with the html by using the built in JSP
portlet class.  Is that the root cause of this issue?  I suspect that
something that should be substituting a value for the $jslink.Template is
not firing for some reason.

Also, if I have a class called called
com.mycompany.portal.actions.MyActionClass, would I put

module.properties=com.mycompany.portal

in the TurbineResources.properties file

and then in the portlet's xreg file put

<parameter name="action" value="actions.MyActionClass" hidden="false"
cachedOnName="true" cachedOnValue="true"/>

?

Thanks!!

Andy