Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org> on 2001/10/02 21:18:22 UTC

Re: VOTE: JNDI patch (was RE: I sent in a patch that fixed the EJB issues.)

Glen Daniels wrote:

> Hi Berin!

Hi Glen!

I forgot completely about the Axis IRC chat today!  I would have been there
otherwise.

This is true.  I implemented it the way I did mainly because I wanted to test
that it can be done that way.

> We need to be able to pass a ConfigurationSupplier for each engine into the
> system somehow - perhaps by mirroring log4j's initialization pattern (look
> for a *config.xml file in the classpath if we don't find a configurator
> system property).  This should get merged in here somewhere.  I'll attempt
> to do this.

The FileProvider does essentially do this.  If the file does not exist in
the expected location, it pulls it from the jar.

> Other than that, I think this looks good.  Can we get a vote on committing
> it?
>
> +1 from me.
>
> > Please give me some feedback.  Theorhetically, it should
> > wipe out four of the five bugs in BugZilla!
>
> A nit: I think it was premature to mark all the Bugzilla bugs as "FIXED".
> IMHO, the team should decide that a solution is appropriate and functional,
> and get it integrated with the source tree, *before* the status says FIXED.
>
> --Glen

I thought that was what CONFIRMED was for.  Sorry.  Which status should I
use instead?