Posted to dev@arrow.apache.org by David Li <li...@apache.org> on 2023/12/08 19:42:09 UTC

[VOTE] Flight SQL as experimental

Let's start a formal vote just so we're on the same page now that we've discussed a few things.

I would like to propose we remove 'experimental' from Flight SQL and make it stable:

- Remove the 'experimental' option from the Protobuf definitions (but leave the option definition for future additions)
- Update specifications/documentation/implementations to no longer refer to Flight SQL as experimental, and describe what stable means (no backwards-incompatible changes)

The vote will be open for at least 72 hours.

[ ] +1
[ ] +0
[ ] -1 Keep Flight SQL experimental because...

[VOTE][RESULT] Flight SQL as experimental

Posted by David Li <li...@apache.org>.
The vote passes with 5 binding, 2 non-binding +1 votes.

I'll merge Laurent's PR and then file/start on the rest of the followups.

Re: [VOTE] Flight SQL as experimental

Posted by vin jake <ja...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Sutou Kouhei <ko...@clear-code.com>.
+1

Posted by Andrew Lamb <al...@influxdata.com>.
+1 (binding)

Sorry for the noise about a new thread, I just checked the archive[1] and
this is in a different thread. Thank you for this David.

Andrew

[1] https://lists.apache.org/thread/9t78clfqzsby08d2ryc83gwrtm3cthq8

Posted by Joel Lubinitsky <jo...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)