Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Søren Blidorf <so...@nolas.dk> on 2003/03/06 16:06:58 UTC

date format problems

Hi.

I have an action that gets a date from the MS SQL 2000 in yyyy-MM-dd. I
convert it with simpledateformat as dd-MM-yyyy and put it in a jsp form.
When submitting the form the date must be coverted back to yyyy-MM-DD
before another actions update the db.

I am trying to convert the date value in the ActionForm, but I am
getting the following error.

Any idears? I am lost and it is very urgent

Søren Blidorf

HTTP Status 500 -

--------

type Exception report

message

it from fulfilling this request.

exception

javax.servlet.ServletException: BeanUtils.populate
	at
org.apache.struts.util.RequestUtils.populate(RequestUtils.java:774)
	at
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.processPopulate(ActionServlet.jav
a:2061)
	at
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1564)
	at
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doPost(ActionServlet.java:510)
	at
tionFilterChain.java:247)
	at
erChain.java:193)
	at
e.java:260)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.i
nvokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:4
80)
	at
	at
e.java:191)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.i
nvokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
	at
org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(Authenticator
Base.java:550)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.i
nvokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:641)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:4
80)
	at
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(StandardContext.java:241
5)
	at
:180)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.i
nvokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
	at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorDispatcherValve.invoke(ErrorDispatcherVa
lve.java:170)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.i
nvokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:641)
	at
:172)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.i
nvokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:641)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:4
80)
	at
	at
java:174)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.i
nvokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:4
80)
	at
	at
org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:223)
	at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:43
2)
	at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processC
onnection(Http11Protocol.java:386)
	at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:53
4)
	at
.java:530)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:536)

root cause

	at
a:39)
	at
Impl.java:25)
	at
org.apache.struts.util.PropertyUtils.setSimpleProperty(PropertyUtils.jav
a:988)
	at
org.apache.struts.util.PropertyUtils.setNestedProperty(PropertyUtils.jav
a:904)
	at
org.apache.struts.util.PropertyUtils.setProperty(PropertyUtils.java:932)
	at org.apache.struts.util.BeanUtils.populate(BeanUtils.java:509)
	at
org.apache.struts.util.RequestUtils.populate(RequestUtils.java:772)
[...]
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException
	at java.util.Date.parse(Date.java:582)
	at java.util.Date.(Date.java:264)
	at um.forms.SikForm.setB_sag(SikForm.java:49)
	... 45 more

Re: date format problems

Posted by Rick Reumann <ma...@reumann.net>.
On Thu, 6 Mar 2003 16:14:26 +0100
Gemes Tibor <ti...@i-trade.hu> wrote:

> 2003. március 6. 16:06 dátummal Søren Blidorf ezt írtad:
> > Hi.
> >
> > I have an action that gets a date from the MS SQL 2000 in
> > yyyy-MM-dd. I convert it with simpledateformat as dd-MM-yyyy and put
> > it in a jsp form. When submitting the form the date must be coverted
> > back to yyyy-MM-DD before another actions update the db.
> >
> > I am trying to convert the date value in the ActionForm, but I am
> > getting the following error.
> >
> > Any idears? I am lost and it is very urgent
>
> Register a Converter for your String-Date Date-String conversion
> with ConvertUtils. read javadocs
> org.apache.commons.beanutils.ConvertUtils

Actually check the archives on "BeanUtils coverting java.util.Date." I
posted the converter you need to register in order to do the
conversion. If you can't find it in the archives let me know and I'll
look for it.

--
Rick Reumann

RE: date format problems

Posted by apachep2 <ap...@hotmail.com>.
Make sure it is a java.sql.Date during conversion using ConvertUtil.

2003. március 6. 16:06 dátummal Søren Blidorf ezt írtad:
> Hi.
>
> I have an action that gets a date from the MS SQL 2000 in yyyy-MM-dd.
> convert it with simpledateformat as dd-MM-yyyy and put it in a jsp
form.
> When submitting the form the date must be coverted back to yyyy-MM-DD
> before another actions update the db.
>
> I am trying to convert the date value in the ActionForm, but I am
> getting the following error.
>
> Any idears? I am lost and it is very urgent

Register a Converter for your String-Date Date-String conversion
with ConvertUtils. read javadocs
org.apache.commons.beanutils.ConvertUtils

Hth,

Tib

Re: date format problems

Posted by Gemes Tibor <ti...@i-trade.hu>.