Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Nigel Rantor <wi...@wiggly.org> on 2004/07/07 13:14:55 UTC

[users@httpd] 1.3.X - CGI Starting GUI App on Windows XP

Hi all,

I haven't been subscribed to this list for long but I have already
checked MARC and the FAQs/Docs to see if anyone else is having the same
problem, with no luck.

I am trying to get a CGI script to start up a GUI app for the user of a
Windows XP Pro boxen.

I am currently using Perl and have tried numerous methods of running the
application but none seem to be able to actually display the GUI.

Looking in task manager I can see that the application has been started
and is running but it appears headless.

I am running Apache as a service, under the same account as the user who
is logged on and have set it to be able to interact with the desktop.

I was thinking of asking some Windows guru about this as well but
figured I would probably get a better response from the Apache crowd ;-)

Any solutions, hints, suggestions greatly appreciated. If you want more
info about the setup/system then just let me know.

TIA,

   Nige