Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by George Doyle <gd...@arraysoftware.com> on 2014/11/25 16:18:04 UTC

Cocoon Flow debugger errors

I am working on a webapp using Cocoon 2.1.11 with Tomcat 7.0.  I recently began using the Cocoon Flow Debugger to help debugging our flowscript. To get it working correctly, I needed to run the Tomcat7.exe program, instead of the Tomcat service we had previously been using, with the debugger  option enabled in the cocoon.conf file.

I am able to access most pages of our web app with no issue.  However, a small number of important pages that previously worked without error when using the Tomcat service with the debugger disabled, will no longer load.

I found that the cause of the issue was an exception being thrown in the Form.js code when attempting to build the binding.
I found that in each case the error was thrown from the binding xml file when trying to use the <fb:javascript> element. These widgets act completely normally when used in our original environment and I am at a loss as to what could be causing it to throw an exception only when the debugger is running.

The syntax of one example binding element is:

<fb:javascript id="otherassignees" path="." direction="save">
      <fb:save-form>
         var formValue = widget.getValue();
         var collection = new java.util.ArrayList();
         for(var i=0; i&lt;formValue.length; i++) {
           collection.add(new java.lang.Integer(formValue[i]));
         }
         var bean = jxpathPointer.getNode();
         bean.setOtherAssignees(collection);
      </fb:save-form>
     </fb:javascript>

The message shown when the exception is thrown says:

org.apache.cocoon.forms.binding.Binding Exception: Cannot build binding
at <fb:javascript>
file:////C:/Program%20Files/Apache%20Software%20Foundation/Tomcat%207.0/webapps/array/webtask/dictionary/dict_type_bind.xml:44:64
(resource://org/apache/cocoon/forms/flow/javascript/Form.js, line 282)

If there is any addition useful information I have omitted please let me know and I will provide it promptly.

thanks

George