Posted to dev@iceberg.apache.org by Jun Zhang <zh...@126.com> on 2020/11/02 02:02:42 UTC

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Iceberg 0.10.0 RC2

+1 for 0.10.0 RC2 (non-binding)

I build the code and run the unit test, all passed

On 11/1/2020 05:40,Dongjoon Hyun<do...@gmail.com> wrote:
+1 for 0.10.0 RC2 (non-binding)

I checked the followings.
1. Checksum and GPG signatures
2. Gradle build and tests on Java 1.8.0_272
3. Manual integration tests with Hive Metastore 2.3.7 and Apache Spark 2.3.7/3.0.1.

Thank you!

Bests,
Dongjoon.

On Fri, Oct 30, 2020 at 3:25 PM Russell Spitzer <ru...@gmail.com> wrote:

+1 (non-binding) Downloaded and ran build with Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM 18.9 (build 11.0.7+8-LTS, mixed mode). All tests passed :)

On Fri, Oct 30, 2020 at 4:05 PM Anton Okolnychyi <ao...@apple.com.invalid> wrote:

Here is the link to steps we normally use to validate a release candidate:
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/rd5e6b1656ac80252a9a7d473b36b6227da91d07d86d4ba4bee10df66%40%3Cdev.iceberg.apache.org%3E

- Anton

On 30 Oct 2020, at 14:03, Anton Okolnychyi <ao...@apple.com.INVALID> wrote:

Hi everyone,

I propose the following RC to be released as official Apache Iceberg 0.10.0 release.

The commit id is 37f21b72fb55503e6e40b1555b7ea1af61dfdfc7
* This corresponds to the tag: apache-iceberg-0.10.0-rc2
* https://github.com/apache/iceberg/commits/apache-iceberg-0.10.0-rc2
* https://github.com/apache/iceberg/tree/37f21b72fb55503e6e40b1555b7ea1af61dfdfc7

The release tarball, signature, and checksums are here:
* https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/iceberg/apache-iceberg-0.10.0-rc2/

You can find the KEYS file here (make sure to import the new key that was used to sign the release):
* https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/iceberg/KEYS

Convenience binary artifacts are staged in Nexus. The Maven repository URL is:
* https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheiceberg-1011/

This release includes important changes:

* Flink support
* Hive read support
* ORC support fixes and improvements
* Application of row-level delete files on read
* Snapshot partition summary
* Ability to load LocationProvider dynamically
* Sort spec

Please download, verify, and test.

Please vote in the next 72 hours.

[ ] +1 Release this as Apache Iceberg 0.10.0
[ ] +0
[ ] -1 Do not release this because…

Thanks,
Anton