Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by "Agarwal, Nikhil" <Ni...@netapp.com> on 2013/03/18 09:24:36 UTC

using test.org.apache.hadoop.fs.s3native.InMemoryNativeFileSystemStore class in hadoop

Hi All,

I am pretty new to Hadoop. I noticed that there are many test classes in hadoop source code under the packages test. org.apache.hadoop. Can anyone explain me or provide some pointers to understand what is the purpose of this and how to use them. In particular I wanted to use InMemoryNativeFileSystemStore and see how it works.

The comments in this class say "A stub implementation of {@link NativeFileSystemStore} for testing NativeS3FileSystem without actually connecting to S3." But I do not understand exactly what does it mean and how to use it.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Regards,
Nikhil

Re: using test.org.apache.hadoop.fs.s3native.InMemoryNativeFileSystemStore class in hadoop

Posted by Yanbo Liang <ya...@gmail.com>.
These test classes are used for unit testing.
You can run these cases to test particular function of a class.
But when we run these test case, we need some additional classes and
functions to simulate some underlying function which were called by these
test cases.

InMemoryNativeFileSystemStore is a function used to support for
testing NativeS3FileSystem.
When you run TestInMemoryNativeS3FileSystemContract which is the unit test
of S3 native filesystem, you will call the function of

Posted by Yanbo Liang <ya...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Yanbo Liang <ya...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Yanbo Liang <ya...@gmail.com>.