Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> on 2017/03/08 15:11:45 UTC

Tagging 9.0.x and friends

Hi,

Just a heads up that I will be tagging 9.0.x shortly followed by working
my way through the versions in turn all the way to 6.0.x (unless someone
beats me to any of them - help always appreciated).

The Windows signing service is not currently available so I will be
releasing without signing the Windows installer. The problem is related
to a recent switch over to two-factor authentication and I hit a snafu
with the registration process. It should get sorted fairly quickly but I
don't want to hold up these releases.

Mark

Re: Tagging 9.0.x and friends

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 08/03/17 20:43, R�my Maucherat wrote:

>>> @ Gump : not configured, not tested by Gump
>>>
>>> Tomcat 8.0:
>>> @ Buildbot: broken, red - the following test is failing:
>>> TEST-org.apache.tomcat.websocket.server.TestCloseBug58624.NIO2.txt
>>
>> NIO2 was experimental in 8.0.x so I wasn't too concerned about that.
>>
> I'm trying to fix things usually but:
> - The tests work for me
> - There are no real changes from when it wasn't failing
>
> Some of these tests are sometimes a bit edgy.

Indeed. I periodically go through the failing tests and try and figure
out what is going on and I end up tweaking the tests more often than I
do the code. They can be very dependent on timing.

Mark

Re: Tagging 9.0.x and friends

Posted by Rémy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.

> > @ Gump : not configured, not tested by Gump
> >
> > Tomcat 8.0:
> > @ Buildbot: broken, red - the following test is failing:
> > TEST-org.apache.tomcat.websocket.server.TestCloseBug58624.NIO2.txt
>
> NIO2 was experimental in 8.0.x so I wasn't too concerned about that.
>
> I'm trying to fix things usually but:
- The tests work for me
- There are no real changes from when it wasn't failing

Some of these tests are sometimes a bit edgy.

Rémy

Re: Tagging 9.0.x and friends

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 08/03/17 19:36, Konstantin Kolinko wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Just a heads up that I will be tagging 9.0.x shortly followed by working
>> my way through the versions in turn all the way to 6.0.x (unless someone
>> beats me to any of them - help always appreciated).
>>
>> The Windows signing service is not currently available so I will be
>> releasing without signing the Windows installer. The problem is related
>> to a recent switch over to two-factor authentication and I hit a snafu
>> with the registration process. It should get sorted fairly quickly but I
>> don't want to hold up these releases.
>
> While you are resolving/testing the signing issues:
>
> Is it possible to get both sha1 and sha256 signatures for the *.exe files.

I'll look into what is used currently and what - if any - the options are.

> (Looking for an example...
> Majority of distros that I have lying around have only sha1 signature.
> This is an example with both sha1 and sha256:
>
> https://github.com/git-for-windows/git/releases/
> -> PortableGit-2.12.0-64-bit.7z.exe
> )
>

> Regarding the tagging
> 1. I think that a number of recently added files do not have
> svn:eol-style property.
> Certainly not a stopper. Maybe I'll fix it later today.

ACK.

> 2. Buildbots:
> http://tomcat.apache.org/ci.html
>
> Trunk:
> @ Buildbot :  OK, green
> @ Gump : OK, green
>
> Tomcat 8.5:
> @ Buildbot : broken, magenta -  fails to download files from
> sourceforge.(HTTPS handshake failure)

Fixed. And I pre-emptively fixed all the other versions too.

> @ Gump : not configured, not tested by Gump
>
> Tomcat 8.0:
> @ Buildbot: broken, red - the following test is failing:
> TEST-org.apache.tomcat.websocket.server.TestCloseBug58624.NIO2.txt

NIO2 was experimental in 8.0.x so I wasn't too concerned about that.

> @ Gump:
> APR and NIO - green, OK.
> BIO and NIO2 - blue, skipped because of a failed prerequisite:
> openssl-1.0.2-make  failed to compile

Not my area of expertise.

> Tomcat 7:
> @ Buildbot: OK, green
> @ Gump: OK, green
>
> Tomcat 6:
> @ Buildbot and @ Gump: OK, green. They just build it, do not run any tests.

I'm running the tests locally in Linux and Windows before I tag as well.

Thanks for the review.

Mark

Re: Tagging 9.0.x and friends

Posted by Konstantin Kolinko <kn...@gmail.com>.

> Just a heads up that I will be tagging 9.0.x shortly followed by working
> my way through the versions in turn all the way to 6.0.x (unless someone
> beats me to any of them - help always appreciated).
>
> The Windows signing service is not currently available so I will be
> releasing without signing the Windows installer. The problem is related
> to a recent switch over to two-factor authentication and I hit a snafu
> with the registration process. It should get sorted fairly quickly but I
> don't want to hold up these releases.

While you are resolving/testing the signing issues:

Is it possible to get both sha1 and sha256 signatures for the *.exe files.

(Looking for an example...
Majority of distros that I have lying around have only sha1 signature.
This is an example with both sha1 and sha256:

https://github.com/git-for-windows/git/releases/
-> PortableGit-2.12.0-64-bit.7z.exe
)

Regarding the tagging
1. I think that a number of recently added files do not have
svn:eol-style property.
Certainly not a stopper. Maybe I'll fix it later today.

2. Buildbots:
http://tomcat.apache.org/ci.html

Trunk:
@ Buildbot :  OK, green
@ Gump : OK, green

Tomcat 8.5:
@ Buildbot : broken, magenta -  fails to download files from
sourceforge.(HTTPS handshake failure)
@ Gump : not configured, not tested by Gump

Tomcat 8.0:
@ Buildbot: broken, red - the following test is failing:
TEST-org.apache.tomcat.websocket.server.TestCloseBug58624.NIO2.txt

@ Gump:
APR and NIO - green, OK.
BIO and NIO2 - blue, skipped because of a failed prerequisite:
openssl-1.0.2-make  failed to compile

Tomcat 7:
@ Buildbot: OK, green
@ Gump: OK, green