Posted to dev@perl.apache.org by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org> on 2004/03/09 09:52:26 UTC

Re: [mp2 Patch] ModPerl::Util::undef(coderef)

Philippe M. Chiasson wrote:
> Following the discussion on Apache::Reload and Apache::Symbol, I've
> taken out Apache::Symbol::undef from mp1, massaged it a bit and made it
> into ModPerl::Util::undef for mod_perl 2.
>
> Works wonders when you want to undefine subroutines, constant or not,
> with or without prototypes. Very usefull for Apache::Reload (can get rid
> of that $SIG{__WARN__} trap).

Philippe, can we put some fresh air into this patch. I have spent quite a lot
of time, fighting with flush_namespace in perlrun (see my recent
ModPerl-Registry tests patch) and I'm not quite happy about the way things are
with the perl API to undef things. Next I'd like to try your stuff in C. Next
we can finish off the Apache::Reload thread:

The original thread I'm replying to (from Jul 2003) is here: